|Call for Volunteers|
Only 10 Spots left
The World Parkinson Coalition is looking for volunteers to help out during the
The WPC 2016 is looking for volunteers who
• Are available from Monday, September 19th to Friday, September 23rd, 2016*
• Be available for at least 5 hours in a row each day
• Can speak fluent English.
• Are energetic and have a positive attitude
• Are responsible, reliable, friendly and resourceful
• Can attend a training course on Sunday, September 18, 2016 or Monday, September 19th, 2016, Time TBD.
• Can be responsible for own travel and accommodation plans and expenses
• Have previous volunteer similar experience
* Volunteering everyday is not required, but those who can offer longer periods of time throughout the week and or day will be given preference for volunteer slots. Portland-based volunteers may be asked to be available as early as Saturday, September 17, 2016.
• A training course on Sunday, September 18, 2016 or Monday, September 19th, 2016 (mandatory – time to be determined, but afternoon is most likely)
• Coffee breaks in the volunteer room
• Two T-shirts
• A meal voucher before or after each 5 hour shift
• Free entry to the sessions and/or events when you are not working
• Free learning opportunity in sessions where you are volunteering
• A rewarding experience and the opportunity to meet some of the most highly regarded Parkinson’s clinical researchers, basic scientists, and advocates living with Parkinson’s today
• A reference for your CV
• An amazing experience!
Regarding volunteers with physical challenges or disabilities:
Every effort will be made to allow participation by volunteers with physical challenges. Regardless of a volunteer’s physical capabilities, she/he must be able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner in order to best assist Congress attendees. A variety of tasks will require volunteers, so if movement is a challenge, a stationary job will be assigned.
Steps to become a WPC 2016 Volunteer
2. Within two weeks, we will review your application on a rolling basis and contact you.
3. If accepted, we will send you a code to register for the WPC 2016. Do not register for the Congress until you hear from us regarding the volunteer program.
Volunteer applications are open now. Click here to apply. We will review applications on a rolling basis and slots will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. You are encouraged to apply as soon as you know you will be attending the WPC 2016.