|WPC 2019 Ambassador Program|
The WPC serves multiple constituencies: people with Parkinson’s, care partners & family members, neuroscientists, neurologists, clinical researchers, nurse, rehabilitation specialists and other.
The Ambassadors are individuals living with Parkinson’s disease from around the world. We are looking for 15 Ambassadors to work with us as we plan for the WPC 2019 to take place in Kyoto, Japan from June 2 – 7, 2019.
If you are interested in receiving an application when we announce them, please email us at email@example.com and in the Subject line put: WPC 2019 Ambassador Application. We’ll notify you when the application process opens.
A little more about the Ambassador program…
WPC Ambassadors act as an extension of the World Parkinson Coalition and represent the WPC in an official manner with great respect for the organization.
Requirements for WPC Ambassadors
Ambassadors are expected to participate in some of the following:
1. Help strategize an outreach plan to maximize attendance at the Congress;
2. Promote the WPC on the internet whenever and wherever appropriate;
3. Search out promotional opportunities in your region/city/country where you can promote the WPC online or in-person;
4. Brain storm ideas and search out best promotional outlets for WPC. Even if this means just doing the groundwork for someone else, it’s incredibly helpful to start the process and make the right contacts;
5. Encourage PD groups around the world to start planning to bring a delegation and advise these groups on creative ways to raise money to pay for the delegations’ trip. You should help take the lead in your own country, to plan group to attend WPC 2019;
6. Attend events where you can host a WPC booth or informational table;
7. Join in periodic teleconference calls with other Ambassadors;
8. Post your WPC activities/photos on the WPC FB page so others around the globe know what’s going on in their country/region;
9. Act as connectors in the community, bringing together people who should know about the WPC and connecting them before, during, and after the WPC takes place including PwPs, health professionals, researchers etc;
Each Ambassador will receive:
1. WPC Ambassador business cards to use when promoting the WPC
2. WPC materials to have on hand for promoting at PD meetings when representing the WPC
3. Recognition as a WPC Ambassador on the website, in printed materials & at Congress
4. Free registration to the WPC 2019
5. Six nights hotel covered at the WPC 2019 in Kyoto, Japan
6. WPC email account.
Term of Position
1. Two years six months (February 2017 – August 2019)
*Note: It is expected that WPC Ambassadors participate fully in the Congress. Should you be offered this role, you are required to participate leading up to the Congress and during the Congress agree to not organize or accept invitations to participate in side meetings that conflict with the WPC program.
Interested in becoming a WPC 2016 Ambassador?
If you are interested in receiving an application when we announce them, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the Subject line put: WPC 2019 Ambassador Application. We’ll notify you when the application process opens. Better yet, if you follow us on social media or view our eNews messages, you’ll see the announcement for applications in December 2016.