|WPC 2016 Video Competition|
The WPC 2016 Video Competition is now closed.
*Note: Because your video may be shown on large screens at the WPC Congress site in Portland, it is important that you create it at the highest resolution you can.
2. If you don’t already have an account at YouTube or Google, create a Google account by clicking here. It is free and it only takes a couple of minutes. Register now!
3. Make and upload your video to YouTube. Be sure to set your video to be viewed publicly. Your video will be assigned a unique URL. You’ll need to save the URL so you can insert it into the WPC video online application form.
4. Complete the WPC online video competition application form when it becomes available by clicking here.
5. Your WPC video will be viewed by the video competition committee. Notices will go out via email in June to all who entered the competition regarding the final awards.
6. Videos will not be accepted if they: (1) exceed the time limit; (2) have been submitted to past WPC competitions; (3) promote a product; (4) are designed for fundraising.
Rules for submitting a video
You decide what you do in your WPC video, but please don't break our terms and conditions.
There will be TWO categories for video submission.
- Short Professional Film: Films with professional assistance; Must not exceed three minutes and thirty second in length (including credits!).
- Short Amateur Film: Films with made by amateur videographers; Must not exceed three minutes and thirty second in length (including credits!).
Anything that exceeds the time limits cannot be accepted. NO exceptions.
If you feature anyone else in your video, you must have his or her consent to film him or her and to upload the video to us.Do not secretly film anyone or infringe anyone's right to privacy.
Do not include anything that is obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening or offensive.
Do not say untrue things about people or companies, as this may be defamatory.
Your video must not promote, show or incite cruelty, violence, vandalism, fraudulent or criminal acts or contain content or images that could encourage others to commit illegal acts or acts that could cause physical harm if replicated.
Other people will be able to view your video online; so don't reveal anything personal unless you're comfortable in doing so.
Don't include your personal or work contact details or anyone else's personal details in the video.
You may not submit a video that has been submitted previously to the WPC for an earlier competition.
Videos advertising products for sale or fundraising campaigns for organizations will not be permitted.
Please confirm WHO the main contact is for this video should it win and/or we need to reach you. Sometimes the video is about one person, but submitted by another, and this can cause confusion. The person who submits will be considered the main contact in our database and will be considered the winner, should the video take Grand Prize. If we have a chance on the program to allow for discussion about the video, this is the person who we will contact.
Each person who submits a video will be asked to “electronically sign a release” giving us permission to show and/or reproduce your video for WPC related activities and media outreach.
Meet the Judges